Private Client FX for Your Personal Transfers
- Our Private Client FX service is a seamless end-to-end solution.
- Transfers from South Africa are subject to Exchange Control regulations and individual annual allowances granted by the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
- We can offer specialist advice and assistance with the following:
- Annual Individual Discretionary Allowance of up to R1 million per calendar year – no foreign tax clearance required. The Discretionary Allowance can be used for any legal purpose abroad and should include any travel spend from South Africa in foreign currency such as your Credit Card expenditure whilst travelling abroad.
- Annual Individual Foreign Capital/Investment Allowance of up to R10 million per calendar year – Foreign Tax Clearance and/or a "Letter of Compliance" must be obtained from SARS for transfers under the FCA/FIA. Once approved, your Foreign Tax Clearance Certificate is valid for a period of 12 months from date of issue.
- Emigration Allowances – Currently set at R20 million per family unit. We can advise and assist with the formal emigration process and the related exchange control requirements.
- Non-resident transfers – We can assist with setting up of non-resident settlement accounts and any exchange control requirements and SARB approval applications for Non-resident clients wanting to move funds out of South Africa.
- Transfers from Purchase and Sale of Property – Whether you are bringing foreign currency into South Africa to buy property or taking proceeds from the sale of property out of South Africa, our specialist team will assist you with the exchange control requirements and recording of these transactions for the SARB reporting purposes.
How It Works
South African citizens and permanent residents have access to the following travel allowance
- Complete the simple, quick, free Online Registration and email us copies of your KYC/FICA documents:
- Certified copy of ID
- Recent Proof of address
- Receive the completed Currency Account Application Forms and email signed copies back to us
- Receive details of your personal FX Settlement Account to fund your purchase of currency
- Request a live exchange rate quote by email or telephone from your personal FX Dealer and secure a favourable rate when satisfied
- Receive a Client Trade Confirmation and SWIFT confirmation while we complete the onward payment of your foreign currency to your designated beneficiary bank account
Alternatively, contact us by email on email@example.com or call 021 300 3117 and a member of our FX team will get in touch to see how we may assist you.